If you ever plan a trip to Jordan make sure you include a stop at the Dead Sea!
It’s the lowest point on earth and it offers a once in a lifetime experience. Apparently, the salt level in the Dead Sea is about 10x more than that of the oceans. The simple fact is that the Dead Sea is dense. So dense that you will automatically float once you are about waist deep. The water takes control. You won’t be able to stand upright even if you try. Trust me. I tried. I failed.
Here are a few tips for your Dead Sea adventure.
- Don’t shave before you go in… it’s basically a salt bath. If you have any type of open wound it will sting, burn, hurt and probably heal!
- Wear water shoes… there are a lot of rocks and pebbles as you walk in. Once you pass that obstacle you’ll realize that the crystallized salt on the seafloor is sharp!
- Relax… seriously! As you walk in be ready for your body to start tipping.
- Don’t splash… if you splash around the water will inevitably get into your eyes, nose, and mouth. Trust me it will burn!!!
- Do a mudbath… it feels weird and you’ll look funny… but your skin will thank you!!
I hope you found these tips helpful! If you’ve ever been swimming in the Dead Sea share your tips in the comments. I would love to connect!